Working with you to embed the latest sustainability knowledge into your business.
I build communities of learning and practice to embed sustainability within organizations – helping people to understand and apply sustainability in their daily work.
Ultimately, it is your people who will advance sustainability as a value contributor to your organization – working to build a better company and a better world.
If your organization is serious about contributing to sustainability, then I will ensure that everyone understands the context and its implications for their work.
I work with your people on application opportunities that build communities of practice in sustainability. Developing organizational competencies that can provide distinct competitive advantage.
I build communities of learning and practice to review core processes and integrate sustainability into the organization’s policies and standard work.
I help you to apply Lean thinking to solve problems and codify knowledge for sharing – an essential skill for sustainable organizations. Lean is an effective, contextually aware, locally empowering learning system.
With sustainability issues evolving faster than business practices, I ensure that you are on top of what matters with independently objective and balanced perspective on the latest developments.
I offer a no-risk service contract that allows us to collaborate immediately. Let me help you transition sustainability from challenge into opportunity for your staff and your business.
- It is not clear where your industry is headed on sustainability
- You have a sustainability vision and goals, but things aren’t happening or changing fast enough
- Too much effort is spent measuring and reporting and not enough on building the competencies needed for real progress
- Policies and practices are not fully aligned with sustainability goals
- Opportunities for workforce involvement in sustainability are unclear
- No one is identifying sustainability competency gaps and developing staff to close them
- Sustainability is not integrated into all internal training programs
- Sustainability is not seen as an opportunity for innovation in all new service and product design
- Continuous improvement and Lean programs overlook 'non-product outputs' (wastes & emissions)